29 oz. plain tomato sauce
Oven ready lasagna noodles
1-sandy river sweet italian link
1/4 cup chopped onion and/or green pepper
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp italian seasonings
1 tsp minced garlic
Salt and pepper to taste
2 cups of mozzeralla cheese
2 cups cottage cheese
ASSEMBLE IN CROCKPOT:
- Remove sausage from casings. Brown in pan with onions and peppers.
Drain off fat from meat. add sauce, seasonings, and sugar. simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- 1/2 cup sauce
- Layer noodles
- 1/2 cup moz. cheese and 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- Layer sauce
- Complete layers til ingredients or crockpot size will allow.
- Finish top with sprinkled mozzeralla cheese.
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours.
2 16oz. Cans of white northern beans
32oz. Chicken broth
2 lb.s mild sausage
1 large onion diced
2 garlic cloves minced
2 carrots chopped
1 or 2 celery stalks chopped
4 cups of kale roughly chopped(enter stem removed)
2 leeks cleaned and chopped
2 Tbs. rosemary, minced
2 Tbs. thyme, minced
2 Tbs. tomato paste
2 cans of cooked diced tomatoes
2 turnips peeled and cubed
Salt and pepper to taste
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil to big soup pot
- Over medium heat brown sausage til pink color is gone.
- Add onions, carrots, celery, cook til vegetables are soften..
- Add kale,leeks, rosemary, thyme, and garlic. Cook and stir all together for a few minutes.
- Add broth to Pot with vegetables and meat.
- Add tomato paste, Turnips, canned tomatoes, salt and pepper.
- Cook slowly for 40 minutes. Or ready to serve.
This is usually better the next day. Serve with crusty bread or corn bread.
1 lb. hot or mild sausage
6 eggs beaten
6 slices of bread
2 cups half &half
soften butter or margerine
1 tsp of salt
1 1/2 cups of sharp chedder
1/4 tsp. pepper
- Cook sausage til crumbly, drain well on paper towels
- Spread butter on bread slices and place these in the bottom of a 9x13 pan.
- Sprinkle sausage on the bread, then cheese on the sausage.
- Combine eggs, half & half, and seasonings.
- Beat well.
- Pour over cheese.
- Refrigerate overnite.
- Bake 40 to 50 minutes at 350 degrees.
******Makes a great do ahead dinner for busy nites****
Anytime Sandy River Sausage Tacos
1lb. hot or mild sausage
4-6 soft flour torillas
1/2 cup sweet onion chopped
1 cup grated sharp or colby cheese
1 chopped tomato
Salsa, sour cream (optional)
- Cook sausage and onion together , until sausage is crumbly and done.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Assemble taco by taking torilla , add 2 tbls or more of the sausage mixture. then build taco with lettuce, tomato, cheese, and top off with salsa, sour cream if desired.
******Create your own variations.*************
Twenty Five Usages for Sausage
- Make sausage patties serve with pancakes.
- Brown one pound of sausage, drain fat, mix with scrambled eggs.
- Brown one pound of sausage use as a topping for pizza.
- Mix 1 pound of sausage and 1 pound of hamburger mix well make hamburger patties.
- Mix sausage and hamburger, with 1/2 cup of italian bread crumbs for meatballs.
- Mix sausage and hamburger together for a meatloaf.
- Brown sausage , onions, peppers together for meat in tacos.
- Make sausage in walnut size balls, cook thru, insert toothpicks dip in bar-b-que sauce.
- Make a pot of grits, add cooked crumbled sausage.
- Brown a pound of sausage make a flour base gravy for biscuits.
- Make a spagetti sauce with sausage as the meat ingredient.
- Roll out cresecent rolls, put 1 tbsp of cooked sausage in center of dough , top with grated cheese, pinch together sides and corners, bake til brown.
- Fry a sausage pattie with eggs and toast.
- Put sausage pattie on a biscuit.
- Mix cooked sausage in a quiche recipe.
- Put cooked sausage in a stromboli recipe.
- Stuff bell peppers with a sausage and rice recipe.
- Fry homestyle potatoes. add sausage and onions.
- Mix sausage and ricotta cheese, stuff macroni shells cover with sauce and bake.
- Add sausage with apples to stuffing for turkey or chicken
- Cook sausage put in center of a pancake, roll up, dip in syrup for a change.
- Make a meat pie with sausage hamburger or veal. add onions, carrots, potatoes,peas. bake in pie shell.
- Melt processed cheese add salsa, cooked sausage. use as a dip for corn chips, yum.
- Make a bean soup with sausage.
- Make breakfast for dinner, enjoy sausage with your family.